This is going to be pretty light because I am sure that I've missed items in backdating Saturday and Sunday. Anything I missed today will, as always, be added tomorrow.
Comments are still on for now. Feel free to leave one.
- On February 20th, 2017, thousands marched in cities around the country in "Not My President's Day" rallies.
- On February 20th, 2017, eleven Jewish community centers across the country were evacuated for bomb threats. Ivanka Trump responded with a tweet. DT still has not responded despite being questioned by reporters twice last week about the uptick in anti-semitic violence and threats.
- On February 20th, 2017, PBS Newshour reported that legalization of same-sex marriage laws has coincided with a decrease in youth suicide attempts. A draft of DT's proposed federal budget will kill funding for PBS.
- On February 20th, 2017, the New York Times reported that Russian officials contradict DT on his repeated assertion that he "has nothing to do with Russia." At least two officials, the Russian Ambassador and the Russian Deputy Foreign Minister, have claimed to have been in direct contact with people in DT's immediate circle of campaign aides or Mike Flynn.
- On February 20th, 2017, DT's personal lawyer, Michael Cohen acknowledged that he had met with a Ukranian lawmaker, after all, despite famously tweeting a denial that he had gone to a Kremlin meeting in Prague with a picture of the cover of his passport as "proof." It is now assumed that the DT representative who did meet with the Kremlin, according to the infamous Steele dossier, was a different lawyer or aide to DT. Cohen says he did not deliver the plan for lifting US sanctions against Russia to Mike Flynn from the Ukrainian lawmaker.
- On February 20th, 2017, the UK Parliament debated whether or not to rescind an invitation for a state visit to DT. While Parliament's decision is non-binding, it is of note that they are discussing requesting Prime Minister Theresa May to rescind the invitation at all.
- On February 20th, 2017, the New York Times published an op-ed by a departing member of the Federal Elections Commission alleging that republican lawmakers are hobbling the agency's ability to enforce campaign finance laws and that they have "allowed over $800 million in 'dark money' to infect our elections since Citizens United, the 2010 Supreme Court decision that allowed corporations and unions to spend unlimited sums to elect or defeat candidates."
- On February 20th, 2017, Vitaly Churkin, Russian Ambassador to the UN died suddenly in New York City.
- On February 20th, 2017, NBC reported that the Kremlin is compiling a psychological dossier on DT for Vladimir Putin.
- On February 20th, 2017, the Senate asked all federal agencies to preserve all of their records in relation to ties between DT and Russia, as well as Russian interference in the 2016 election. This comes after Friday's intelligence briefing that seems to shock the Senate Intelligence Committee silent.
- On February 20th, 2017, after audio surfaced of an interview in which white supremacist and neo-Nazi Milo Yiannopoulus praised sexual relationships between 13-year-olds and adults, he was disinvited as a keynote speaker from the Conservative Political Action Conference and his book deal was dropped by Simon & Schuster. Apparently, the bridge too far for republicans and naïve total free speech supporting liberals wasn't harassing Black women, doxing trans women in order for his followers to target them for harassment and violence, or outing undocumented immigrants so his followers could report them for deportation, but at least pedophilia bothers them, I guess. Even Breitbart is said to be considering firing the peroxide scalded weasel.
- On February 20th, 2017, despite laws that require all federal officials to preserve their social media profiles, DT tweeted and then deleted a tweet reading, "Meeting with Generals at Mar-a-Lago. Very interesting!"
- On February 20th, 2017, in an attempt to salvage DT's ridiculous statements implying that there was a terrorist attack in Sweden on Friday night when he was actually watching a senationalist Fox News segment on refugee violence in Sweden, Wikileaks published a tweet saying that the media has censored reports of immigrant crime. Artist and author Molly Crabapple quote RTed Wikileaks and absolutely ethered Julian Assange. Have a good laugh: